Sunday, November 5, 2017

Marilyn Zippered Pouches in Hot Air Balloon Fabric

I made a couple of Marilyn Zippered Cosmetic Pouches in hot air balloon fabric. The pattern is from Imazz Patterns and you have different looks included in the pattern. You can make it patchwork (I have made several in patchwork and one fabric in the past), you can use all one fabric or add an accent fabric at the bottom. I did all one fabric and one with an accent fabric too here. 

The instructions are excellent and these are suitable for a beginner too. Add the wrist strap with hardware or sew it in as I did here, or leave off the strap altogether. Lots of mix and match choices.

Not only for cosmetics though. I use these bags to hold small knitting projects, embroidery projects and whatever else I might need in a bag this size. I have also reduced the sized and made some smaller Marilyn bags too.


Here they are together to see one with an accent bottom and the other in all one fabric. Both look great. If you have lots of odds and ends of fabric you can make these scrappy patchwork (following the scrappy instructions) or I usually make mine scrappy using a variety of widths of fabric and sew the whole thing scrappy, rather than add an accent bottom, but the choice is up to you.

The bottom is a good wide size, something nice in a bag, not so much in a women's behind, lol!!!

This photo looks a bit distorted for some reason. Maybe because I placed it in the tree?
I am linking up with Elm Street Quilts Bag It 2017.
Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. HAHA definitely not a good thing in a woman's behind, but also definitely a very COMMON thing in a woman's behind, hehehe. Cookies happen! ;) Cute pouches - and luckily, you got a nice sunny day to photograph them - they look ready to fly up, up and awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that hot air balloon fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. putting the bag in the tree makes it look like its flying, how cute with the hot air balloon fabric!
    great job
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look ready to fly up, up and awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :)


    เย็ดสาว

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all look wonderful. Thanks for sharing as part of Elm Street Quilts Bag It.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this, It's very interesting Blog...
    I believe there are many who feel the same satisfaction as I read this article!
    I hope you will continue to have such articles to share with everyone!
    ตารางคะแนนพรีเมียร์ลีก

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...